At least 13 people were injured when a two-story building collapsed in Turkey’s eastern province of Malatya on Nov. 9.
According to a statement by the local authorities, the injured people were rescued from the collapsed building by the units from the Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD).
Malatya Gov. Aydın Baruş told reporters that "around 15 people" were believed to be in the building when it collapsed.
Rescuers have been searching for any other signs of life under piles of debris.
Gov. Baruş said that of the 13 injured people, two are in intensive care, whereas seven others have been discharged from the hospital.
Deputy Interior Minister Ismail Çataklı later told reporters they have not yet received any reports confirming that there were still people trapped under debris. "There is no report of anyone missing," he said.
The Malatya Chief Public Prosecutor's Office announced that four people had been detained in connection with the incident, including the owner of a business where a renovation was taking place.
"In the face of collected evidence, it has been understood that unauthorized renovation was being made. The owner of the business and three employees have been detained," said the prosecutor's office in a written statement.
According to eyewitnesses, a pillar was demolished as part of the renovation works.