A magnitude 5 earthquake struck Turkey's northwestern province of Düzce at 3:40 p.m. on Nov. 17. The quake was felt from Istanbul.
Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Center said that the depth of the earthquake was 7.9 km, whereas Turkey's Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD) put the measure at 18.29 km.
Kandilli said that the magnitude was 5.2.
Düzce Governor Cevdet Atay said that no buildings were damaged and no casualties were reported in the quake.
Istanbul Governor Ali Yerlikaya also released a statement, saying that no casualties or negative events were reported.
Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu similarly said that there is "no adverse situation" that has been reported to authorities so far. "In line with the developments, the public will be informed by our Governor's Office," Soylu said in a statement.
Earthquake expert Prof. Haluk Selim said that if the Düzce quake does not lead to any aftershocks in the next six-eight hours, there might be soon another quake of a similar size. "This situation might be dangerous. But if aftershocks do occur, a dangerous situation would not be the issue," he said.