Turkey has voted in the parliamentary and presidential elections. Vote counting started after the polls were closed at 5 pm local time on May 14. Election results have not been officially finalized but as of May 15 morning, there is a clear picture as to how the parliament will be formed.
There is a seven percent national threshold for political parties in Turkey. However, if an alliance receives more than seven percent of the votes, there is no threshold applied to parties within that alliance.
Here are the results from the general election for the Turkish parliament which has a total of 600 seats. The figures next to the parties show the vote share, parliamentary seats, and number of votes they received in order.
Last update time: May 15 02.30 p.m. (GMT+3)
ANADOLU AGENCY (state-run agency)
- Ballot boxes opened: 99,87%
- Ruling People's Alliance: 49,46% (322 lawmakers)
- Opposition Nation Alliance: 35,02% (213 lawmakers)
- Opposition Labor and Freedom Alliance: 10,54% (65 lawmakers)
- Other alliances and parties: Below the threshold of 7%