A survey conducted by Aksoy Research has revealed that almost all Turkish citizens find rent prices high, showing the extent of the current housing crisis.
According to the survey, 79.1 percent of the respondents said that the prices are very high, while 17.4 percent said that they're high, totaling 96.5 percent.
While only 3.1 percent of the respondents said that the prices are at levels that they're supposed to be, those who said that they're low or very low remained at 0.4 percent.
Voters of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) and its far-right ally Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) have also said that the prices are high. Some 93.8 percent of AKP voters said that the prices are either very high or high, while 5.6 percent said that they find the prices normal.
A similar trend was observed among MHP voters, of whom 97 percent found the prices either high or very high.
Some 98 percent of main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) voters and 97 percent of the right-wing Good (İYİ) Party voters complained about the high prices.
According to the survey, almost all Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) voters find the rent prices high.