Turkish mafia leader Sedat Peker has released fresh allegations against Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu, saying that it was thanks to the minister's protection of him that he committed crimes.
“You are accusing me with childish things from four, five years ago. Are you not the person who gave me police protection? If I committed a crime, I did it thanks to your protection of me,” Peker said in a series of tweets on July 13.
6-Beni dört beş sene evvelki çocukça şeylerle suçluyorsun. Sen bana polis korumasını veren kişi değil misin? Eğer suç işlediysem bunları senin beni koruman sayesinde işledim. Sen vallahi delisin ama sana söz, seni tedavi edecem.— Sedat Peker (@sedat_peker) July 13, 2021
Peker said that the minister would stand trial at the Supreme Court over his actions. “You will definitely go to the Supreme Court for leaking out information to me and for ensuring that I flee abroad,” Peker said.
Peker previously said that Soylu offered him protection and tipped him off last year, enabling him to flee Turkey before being arrested.
“When you lose the elections, you will go willy-nilly. I reiterate the same thing that I said before: You are not God, you are not the state. You are a government that is running the country for winning the elections. Just is the case with several previous governments, you would come and then go away,” Peker said.
The fresh allegations came after Peker last week said that Soylu had instructed ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) youth branches to distribute unlicensed Kalashnikovs to civilians on the night and after the failed coup attempt of July 15, 2016.
Peker, a pan-Turkist and Turanist organized crime boss who fled Turkey in early 2020 to avoid prosecution, has been releasing videos and tweets that include serious allegations, including murders, against current and former politicians in a bid to take revenge for the operations launched into his organization.
Peker, who is believed to be in Dubai, announced on June 20 that he would temporarily stop uploading new videos since the United Arab Emirates officials warned him not to share videos due to high-security risks.