Turkish Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said on March 10 that it's high likely that the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is in Turkey, adding that there are no confirmed cases so far.
"It is highly likely this outbreak is currently in Turkey. There are no confirmed cases of this virus," Koca told reporters, while advised the public to avoid traveling abroad.US woman with coronavirus did not travel in Turkey, only used airport
While coronavirus has been spreading in Turkey’s neighboring countries, no cases were reported in Turkey.
In his speech, Koca reiterated his previous advice that the people who have recently traveled abroad should isolate themselves at home for 14 days.
The minister also criticized Europe, and more specifically Italy.
"Europe is very late in taking measures and it is still being too slow," Koca said, adding that France and Germany will encounter major problems related to the virus in the upcoming days.German tourist diagnosed with coronavirus in Northern Cyprus