Turkish mafia leader Sedat Peker, who has been shaking Turkey with his allegations, has said that United Arab Emirates officials warned him not to share videos due to high security risks.
Peker, who has released nine videos on YouTube that are filled with bombshell allegations against current and former politicians, said that the decision to not share videos is not up to him.
"They told me that there's something called an international security protocol. I can't share videos due to the high security risk," Peker said on Twitter on June 18, adding that he is allowed to use the social media platform.
"I have always kept the promises I made even to my enemies. If I'm not dead, everyone will know the truth," he added.
The mafia boss also said that United Arab Emirates officials told him that there might be assassination attempts against him.
Peker, a pan-Turkist and Turanist organized crime boss who fled Turkey in early 2020 to avoid prosecution, has been releasing videos that include serious allegations, including murders, drug trafficking, tipping off sought individuals, and aiding jihadists in Syria, against current and former politicians in a bid to take revenge for the operations launched into his organization.
Although mostly infuriated due to being sidelined, Peker, an ally-turned-foe of the government, repeatedly says he releases the videos as a reaction against police officers raiding his house and pointing guns towards his wife and little daughters.
Peker's claims against current and former politicians, with the main ones being former minister Mehmet Ağar and Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu, have been shaking Turkey, but the government's response to the accusations has been weak so far.
In the videos watched by millions of people, Peker repeatedly says that he supported the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) and more specifically Soylu in order for them to obtain political gains. He also says that he was promised a return to Turkey in April and that he was betrayed by Soylu.
Peker on June 19 shared another series of tweets, saying that they will evaluate the situation once again 15 days later and he will move to another country if the risk continues.
"I asked the security officials in the country that I'm in to release a short video to prove that I'm not in prison. I'm currently waiting for a response," he said.
Later on June 19, Peker slammed the criticism against him for not sharing videos.
"This is not about me. This is the law," he said.