Turkish mafia leader Sedat Peker, who fled Turkey in early 2020, has unveiled a new series of corruption allegations against senior members of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP), including President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s advisors Serkan Taranoğlu and Korkmaz Karaca.
Peker claimed in a series of 50 tweets on Aug. 27 that former Capital Markets Board (SPK) head Ali Fuat Taşkesenlioğlu, who was previously a manager at the Gülenist-run Bank Asya, AKP lawmaker Zehra Taşkesenlioğlu, Erdoğan's advisor Serkan Taranoğlu, the Union of Chambers, Commodity Exchanges of Turkey (TOBB) member Salih Orakcı, and columnist Burak Taşçı from the daily Hürriyet took bribes in an organized network..
Peker claimed that Ali Fuat Taşkesenlioğlu and his sister Zehra Taşkesenlioğlu demanded a bribe of 12 million liras from Mine Tozlu Sineren, the owner of Marka Investment Holding, under the name of consultancy to solve her companies’ problems.
Stating that businessperson Mine Tozlu Sineren refused to pay, Peker said President Erdoğan’s advisor Serkan Taranoğlu reached her and offered “consultancy” in another attempt to bribe.
Peker also shared the screenshots of the correspondence of the bribery negotiations in question.
Peker said that as part of this corruption organization, daily Hürriyet columnist Burak Taşçı was writing negative reports on the businesspersons that they do not like, including Sineren.
Moreover, Salih Orakcı, former advisor of the ex-Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım, also offered to solve Sineren’s companies’ problems, but demanded to be appointed as a partner in one of her companies so that he would not be seen as suspicious.
1-) 40 yaşından genç kardeşlerim ve de 40 yaşından büyük olan, ruhu genç ama orijinalinde yaşlı olanlar (yani bizim ekip). Zincir halinde paylaşacağım bu tweetlerdeki konular hepimizi ilgilendirdiği için bu seferki girişi farklı yaptım. Borsada servetini kaybedenler…— Deli Çavuş (@delicavus_nth) August 27, 2022
26-)…kandırıp paralarını çalanlar gibi. Bundan sonra okuyacaklarınız “Yok artık bu kadar da olmaz. Halkımızın büyük güvenini sağlayan Sedat Peker artık yalan söylüyor bunlar doğru değil.” diyeceğiniz şeyler. Ancak üzülerek söylüyorum ki hepsi delilli, kayıtlı, gerçek şeyler.— Deli Çavuş (@delicavus_nth) August 27, 2022
Sineren accepted the allegations on Aug. 27 in a program on Halk TV channel, and said “I have reported it to state institutions every time, but I have not received a response."
“Frankly, I don't know where Sedat got this information from. I've known Sedat for a long time, but we haven't spoken for a few years. Where did he get this information from?” she added.
After the allegations stirred huge reaction on social media, the opposition parties announced that they will file criminal complaints about what Peker said.
Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) leader Kemal Kılıçdaorğlu announced that his party will file a criminal complaint on Aug. 29, demanding that prosecutors take action.
Pazartesi parti örgütümüz suç duyurusunda bulunacak. Vatan kurtaran savcı ve hakim, haydi göreyim sizi; hem konser falan değil, konu SPK... Gençler sakın birbirinize düşmeyin! Hakaret falan değil mesele. Sizi kavga ettirmek istiyorlar çünkü paraya tapıyorlar. Paratapar bunlar.— Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu (@kilicdarogluk) August 27, 2022
Kılıçdaroğlu also said commented about the issue in a program aired on Habertürk TV channel late on Aug. 27, saying: "All of Sedat Peker's claims are true. Because he is one of the involved parties. He says 'We did it'."
Opposition Democracy and Progress Party (DEVA) lawmaker Mustafa Yeneroğlu tweeted: “We know that the judiciary is currently in the service of the government. However, in order to make a note of history, we will file a criminal complaint against the people mentioned in the statements made by Sedat Peker today. Of course, one day, there will be responsible prosecutors who are after these disgraces."
Yargının şu anda iktidarın hizmetinde olduğunu biliyoruz. Ancak tarihe not düşmek adına Sedat Peker'in bugün yaptığı açıklamalarda adı geçen kişilerle ilgili suç duyurusunda bulunacağız.— Mustafa Yeneroğlu (@myeneroglu) August 27, 2022
Elbette bir gün bu rezilliklerin peşine düşen sorumlu savcılar çıkacaktır.
Currently in the United Arab Emirates, Peker had previously shared several one-hour-long videos on YouTube to tell his viewers about the alleged illegal acts of the politicians, especially Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu, before he was warned by Dubai authorities to refrain from shooting videos over security reasons.